Saturday, November 5, 2011

The Fellowship

Meet my team, which we have affectionately dubbed The Fellowship from Lord of the Rings.  Because there are 9 of us, of which 2 are men.  I believe I represent Gimli, mostly because I love him and not because I'm short.  That has actually no bearing on anything and just happens to be an interesting tidbit for your enjoyment.  

I love this team already.  We've only spent a week together at our briefing in August, but we skype and facebook and text and I can feel our bonds growing.  They are all pretty awesome and I can't wait to get to know them better.  And since you don't really know them at all, let me introduce them to you!


From left to right:

Albert-Albert graduated from UCSB in May with a degree in engineering.  Like me, he enjoys watching Psych (and other shows) and we have great fun discussing the episodes via text message.  He is one of our awesome team leaders.

Christine-Christine also graduated from UCSB in May.  She had her birthday while we were at briefing, so we got to surprise her with a cake and a present!  She loves architecture, and thanks to the Discovery Channel she also knows how to make a canoe.  Sort of.  She would also be awesome in the Cash Cab.

Me-Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die....Just kidding.  I couldn't help myself.  I already did a post about me, which you can read if you so desire.

Nikki-Nikki studied theatre at Texas State University and has an interest in special effects makeup, which she is really good at doing.  She loves film and dressing up.  She also likes the Hunger Games and Firefly, and is really funny.

Kimi-Kimi is from Texas, graduated from USC, and is a huge Trojans fan.  She is re-STINTing in Japan this year, which means that she was in Japan last year, too, so she gets to show us around.  She loves Japan a lot.  She also loves the Rangers, dance, gymnastics, and theatre (her major).

Katie-Katie graduated from UCSB in May with a degree in Math.  She actually grew up in Japan (her parents were on staff with Cru) and is going back!  She likes working with international students, playing sports, and running.  She's also going to be one of my roommates!

Amy-Amy graduated in May with a degree in Creative Writing.  She's my friend from ASU, and one of the reasons I'm on the team.  She is super smart, great at writing, and loves to dance.  She is also the only blonde person on our team, which I didn't notice until she pointed it out.

Sarah-Sarah has a degree in Equestrian Science and is from Missouri.  She is also a re-STINTer, except that she was in East Asia last year.  She's been to Japan to visit her sister, but has never been there with Cru before.  She is our other awesome team leader.

Kylan-Kylan graduated from UC Berkeley where he studied Japanese and Anthropology.  He actually spent a year in Japan on a study abroad program.  He likes to read and write and help other people out.  He joined the team kind of last minute after we needed another guy in order to go.

So there's my amazing team.  The Fellowship.

No comments:

Post a Comment